Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 515B in bass reflex

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Walter Creati's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2004
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello guys,

    I live in Italy and it's the first time I write on the forum, so excuse my English, please... forums .
    I have a pair of 515B 15" that I'm using now in the bottom of the Klipsch LaSkala.
    It doesn't satisfy me, but I do not have the space for the 825/828 so I would to realize a bass reflex.
    I know the 515B needs of a large enclosure in order to work in bass reflex and I could realize an enclosure of about 60 X 60 X 100 cm height that would give approximately 300 lt. Is it sufficient for the 515B? And, above all, how does the 515B work in bass reflex?
    Someone can help me, are there some plans already realized?
    Thanks

    Walter Creati

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The LaScala is a folded horn design. Someone may know more then I do, but is the 515 a good speaker for a folder horn. Usually you want a speaker that is designed for a folder horn.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member HiFiPlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As I know that some peoples have been use the 515B to replaced with JBL, EV, TANNOY etc speaker cabinets. Then get the better bass that beyond to the original woofers.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Fitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Assuming that I did my conversion correctly, your 300 liter cabinet is just over 10 cubic feet in volume. Most of the speaker cabinet formulas that I have seen would lead me to believe the 515 should be in a cabinet that has just under 8 cubic feet of volume. So to answer your question, the cabinet you have can be used if you put some thing inside to use up about 20% of the volume or you can cut the cabinet down and make it smaller. What you want to end up with is about 225 liters.

    I hope this is helpful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.